Boston Auto Accident Attorneys
Exceptional representation when you’re injured in a Massachusetts car accident
At Breakstone, White & Gluck, we understand car accidents. We understand what it’s like to experience a serious injury that wasn’t your fault, and all the headaches and insurance issues that come with it. The good news? Our attorneys have decades of experience handling car and other motor vehicle accident claims in the Boston region. We have successfully handled complex cases from the insurance claims level through trial and appeal.
Talk to us today if you or a loved one suffered injury in a car accident anywhere in Massachusetts – we can help you protect your rights and get you the compensation to which you’re entitled. Our Boston attorneys have a reputation for compassionate yet relentless representation, and we treat every client like we would want to be treated. Check out our testimonials to see how we’ve helped past clients, and get in touch today to find out how we can help you.
Common questions from injury clients
- What types of car accident claims does your firm handle?
- How can your Boston car accident lawyers help with my claim?
- What are common injuries from Boston car accidents?
- Can you help if I was injured by a Boston drunk driver?
- What should I do after a car accident?
- What losses are covered under Massachusetts insurance?
- Do you have a car accident injury attorney near me?
What types of car accident claims does your firm handle?
Our Boston personal injury attorneys handle just about every type of motor vehicle accident claim. This includes car crashes and accidents caused by:
- Failure to obey traffic signs or signals
- Failure to signal when turning
- Careless driving
- Failure to follow the speed limit
- Driving a car under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Talking on a cell phone while driving
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving
How can your Boston car accident lawyers help with my claim?
Finding a lawyer is not much different than choosing the right professional to assist you with other needs that you might have. Your goal should be to find the lawyer with the best qualifications, experience and knowledge to meet your legal needs. Like doctors, many lawyers concentrate their practices in specific areas. Just as you would not consult with a neurologist to treat your foot injury, you should not select a lawyer who is not qualified to handle your case. Many lawyers are general practitioners who can handle a wide variety of cases. Your objective should be to find a lawyer with the most experience with the type of problem that you have.
While car crashes comprise a significant portion of personal injury and wrongful death claims, it would be wrong to think that they are always simple to resolve. They often involve extremely complex issues of evidence and insurance law. Having a team with more than 100 years of combined experience handling these complicated, complex litigation issues works to your benefit. At Breakstone, White & Gluck, our Boston car accident lawyers provide the highest quality of representation and we are known for our results for our clients. Your legal rights need to be protected after a car accident, so it’s important to consult with an experienced car accident attorney to evaluate your case.
If you have been injured in a car, truck, tractor trailer, motorcycle or other motor vehicle accident as a driver, passenger, bicyclist or pedestrian, and it was the result of someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to recover monetary damages for pain and suffering, payment or reimbursement of reasonable medical expenses incurred or which will be incurred in the future, and lost wages.
Our record of successful results
Just some of the settlements and verdicts we’ve achieved for car accident clients include:
- $2.2 Million: Rear end collision.
- $2.15 Million Settlement: Wrongful Death Caused by Car Crash at Strip Mall
Our attorney negotiated a $2.15 million settlement after a pedestrian was killed. A driver had lost control of her vehicle in a strip mall parking lot. The strip mall owner failed to provide protective measures for pedestrians.
- $1.8 Million Settlement: Car Crosses Center Line and Crashes
Our attorney negotiated a $1.8 million settlement for the widow of a driver who was struck by a motor vehicle crossing the center line.
- $1.725 Million Settlement: Passenger Injured When Driver Falls Asleep
Our attorney successfully recovered a $1.725 million settlement for our client, a young man who suffered multiple fractures in a crash as he returned from a skiing trip. Our client required spinal fusion. Special damages were awarded for medical expenses and lost earning capacity.
- $2 Million: Car Hits Pedestrian, Necessitating Multiple Surgeries for Victim.
"I knew that Ron had my best interests at heart, and that I could trust him to help me make the right decision."
What are common injuries from Boston car accidents?
Depending on the circumstances of the crash, you can sustain any number of injuries, ranging from moderate severe. These can include:
Boston Uber and Lyft accidents
In Massachusetts, when passengers are injured in Uber, Lyft or other rideshare vehicles, the cause may be negligence by the driver or another operator on the road. Passengers may be entitled to seek financial compensation for their injuries. At Breakstone, White & Gluck, all of our attorneys are experienced in successfully handling rideshare claims resulting from Uber accidents and Lyft accidents. We have helped passengers injured across Massachusetts, from Boston to Cape Cod and Nantucket Island.
Boston road defect and construction zone accidents
Car accidents can also result from faulty construction of roads, tunnels, embankments, exits, and lighting. If a roadway is defectively designed or improperly constructed, the designers or builders may be liable for the personal injuries they cause. Builders can also be responsible if you’re injured in a construction zone accident, including roadway debris, inadequate safety, improper road markings, and loose construction materials.
Can you help if I was injured by a Boston drunk driver?
Our attorneys are highly experienced in negotiating compensation for victims of drunk drivers in Massachusetts. When someone is injured in a drunk driving accident, they may be entitled to file a claim against the driver and, in some cases, against restaurants and bars for dram shop violations. These businesses have a responsibility to check IDs and only serve patrons who are 21 and older. They should never serve anyone who is intoxicated.
Drivers may also consume alcohol at private homes or other gatherings. Under Massachusetts social host liability, hosts may be held liable by third-party victims when an underage guest is served alcohol, then leaves intoxicated and causes drunk driving injuries.
What should I do after a car accident?
If you have been involved in a car crash or injured as a pedestrian:
- Obtain as much information as possible about the vehicles involved, as well as names, addresses and telephone numbers for the drivers.
- Request the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Make sure police are aware of any traffic violations that the operator may have committed.
- If you are injured, get medical attention as soon as possible.
- Promptly notify your insurance company about the accident – however, you are not required to give a statement.
- Obtain photographs of vehicles, injuries and accident location.
- Contact a Boston car accident lawyer promptly to determine your legal rights.
For a more detailed list, please see our What to Do When You Have a Car Accident page.
What losses are covered under Massachusetts insurance?
After a Boston car accident, you likely have many questions about what is and what isn’t covered under car insurance. Here’s a brief overview of what to expect – although we can give you more specific information in your personal consultation.
- Medical Bills:In general, the first $2,000.00 in medical bills is paid by the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance carrier of the car you were in or hit by if you were a pedestrian or a bicyclist. If you have private health care insurance, Massachusetts law requires that medical bills in excess of $2,000.00 be submitted through your provider for payment. If you do not have private health care insurance, or if your health care insurance company refuses to pay your medical bills, you may be entitled to up to $8,000.00 in PIP medical coverage.
- Lost Wages:If you lose money because of your inability to work due to your injuries, you may be entitled to collect 75% of your lost wages, based on your average weekly wage, from the PIP carrier, up to $8,000.00.
- Bodily Injuries and Wrongful Death:If you have more than $2,000 in medical bills, a fracture, or other serious injury, you may be entitled to compensation for injuries, including scarring, pain and suffering, permanent or partial disability, and loss of ability to enjoy life. Wrongful death claims are also compensable under Massachusetts motor vehicle laws.
- Insufficient Insurance:If the person who caused your injuries does not have insurance, or inadequate insurance to cover your damages, you may be entitled to collect uninsured or underinsured coverage from your own automobile policy or a family member's automobile policy.
Immediate action may be required to preserve all of your rights. All motor vehicle accidents in Massachusetts are governed by a statute of limitations, which is three years. Some accidents also have shorter notice provisions, which may be very strict.
Do you have a car accident injury attorney near me?
Breakstone, White & Gluck has an office in Boston at 2 Center Plaza #530 in Government Center, within walking distance of the John Adams Courthouse and Suffolk County Superior Court. There’s a parking garage in the building. The MBTA Green Line and Blue Line are right across the street at the Government Center T station. And there is a bus stop almost in front of our office. If you are unable to travel because of your injuries, we’re happy to arrange a phone or video conference, or a hospital visit.
Boston car accident attorneys holding the right people accountable
If you have been injured in a car accident anywhere in Massachusetts, it’s vital that you act immediately to protect your rights. Get in touch with the attorneys at Breakstone, White & Gluck for personalized representation and leave the rest to us. We file the insurance claim, we advocate for you, and we go to trial if that’s what it takes to get things done. Contact our Boston offices today by calling or using our contact form. We offer free consultations.