Boston Truck Accident Lawyers
Worry-free representation after a commercial truck accident in Massachusetts
Truck accident cases are among the most challenging personal injury cases. They usually involve life-changing injuries. They can leave victims with substantial financial burdens. But under the law, you can receive compensation for the losses you sustain in a truck accident, such as your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
Breakstone, White & Gluck fights for truck accident victims in MA. With over 100 years of combined experience and the resources to tackle the toughest, most complex claims, we are your advocates when you are injured. When you work with us, your only “job” is to focus on healing; leave everything else to us.
OVER $300 MILLION
won for our clients
Common questions from injury clients
- What to do after a Boston truck accident
- What kind of compensation can I seek if I’m injured?
- Who will pay my bills if I’m hurt in a truck accident in Boston?
- How a Boston truck accident lawyer from Breakstone, White & Gluck can help you
- What types of truck accident claims does your firm handle?
- When should I file my Boston truck accident claim?
- Do you have a truck accident injury attorney near me?
If you are involved in a truck accident in or around Boston, the very first thing to do is call 9-1-1. Crashes involving 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicle often have devastating results, so seeking medical care should be your top priority.
The next thing you should do if you can is take pictures and/or video of the scene, your vehicle, and any injuries you may have sustained. These records of the immediate aftermath can help your case later.
Finally, you should call a Boston truck accident lawyer. The insurance companies will move quickly; make sure you have someone on your side right away--a lawyer who can handle the insurance companies and help you get what you are entitled to receive.
In Massachusetts, personal injury victims can seek compensation for their losses (called “damages”) and their injuries. Typically, you can seek compensation for damages such as:
- Medical expenses, including future care
- Lost wages and loss of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering, both physical and mental
- Any scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
The families of individuals who are killed in a truck accident can seek additional damages, like funeral and burial expenses, through a wrongful death lawsuit.
In the immediate days following a truck accident, you can access up to $8,000 in personal injury protection (“PIP”) benefits, no matter who is at fault. This is the law in Massachusetts.
Generally speaking, the insurance company for the negligent truck driver should pay your bills. However, insurance companies are notorious for lowballing or outright denying claims. They want to keep their profits for themselves, even when it is clear that a driver or trucking company is at fault. This is one reason why working with a Boston truck accident attorney is so important. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can get to work on your case.
When victims and their families come to us, they often don’t know how to put the pieces back together. The trucking company refuses to admit fault. The insurance company turns a blind eye. Lives are turned upside-down. As the bills pile up, it seems that no one is on the victim’s side.
For over 30 years, our lawyers have successfully represented truck accident victims throughout Massachusetts. We have several multi-million dollar truck crash recoveries, include $3.5 million for the family of a motorcycle rider who was run over by a truck, $3 million for a woman who suffered severe orthopedic trauma after a tractor-trailer crossed a center line and hit her car, and $2.5 million for a man hit by an 18-wheeler; his injuries included multiple fractures and spinal damage requiring two spinal fusions.
"I knew that Ron had my best interests at heart, and that I could trust him to help me make the right decision."
Breakstone, White & Gluck has represented clients in lawsuits against some of the largest trucking companies, distributors, and insurers in the nation.
When you choose Breakstone, White & Gluck, you can expect:
- Uncompromising client service from a team that has your best interests in mind.
- Strategic and relentless representation from respected and award-winning trial lawyers.
- A commitment to success that means you do not pay anything unless we win your case.
We retain recognized trucking and medical experts to support your claim. We aggressively investigate every aspect of the crash. We determine which parties are responsible, and we advocate for your cause. We are not afraid to file suit and litigate to verdict, particularly with hard-nosed insurance companies which deny good faith claims. We welcome the challenges of a complex trucking accident case, which is why our clients review us so favorably. Our accident lawyers are among the most respected trucking and transportation lawyers in Massachusetts.
We encourage you to give us a call. Your initial consultation is completely free, and you will not pay any legal fees or costs unless we help you win just compensation.
Our trial-tested lawyers don’t back down when a difficult claim is denied. In fact, we welcome the opportunity to litigate to verdict to get our clients what they deserve – full and fair compensation for life-altering injuries such as:
Our Boston attorneys represent clients who have been injured or lost loved ones in all types of truck accidents. This includes accidents caused by:
- Distracted Driving. Distracted driving is on the rise. It has quickly become a leading cause of accidents involving 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks. Trucking companies that employ drivers who talk on the phone, text, play on social media, communicate with dispatch, and give in to other driving distractions are liable for their drivers’ negligence.
- Driving Errors. Merging unexpectedly. Tailgating. Braking too late. These and other driving errors can cause serious accidents, even when large trucks aren’t involved. When the driver of a tractor-trailer makes an error, the results can be devastating. If you or your loved one’s accident was the result of a truck driver’s mistake, we want to help you fight for maximum compensation.
- Driving Under the Influence. Drunk driving is a major concern on our roads. Because truck drivers operate large and heavy vehicles, they have an even greater responsibility not to drink and drive. In Massachusetts, the majority of drivers can be criminally charged for operating with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or greater. But truck drivers can lose their commercial driver's license for a year if they are caught operating at even .04 percent. The second time, drivers can lose their commercial driver's license (CDL) for life.
- Truck Crashes Injuring Cyclists and Pedestrians. Truck drivers do not always watch for cyclists. As a result, numerous cyclists have been hit and killed in Boston and Cambridge. Truck drivers have a responsibility to pay attention and check their mirrors, and trucking companies must keep their equipment up to date to ensure safety for bicyclists and pedestrians alike.
- Fatigued Driving and Falling Asleep Behind the Wheel. Federal regulations limit the number of hours that truck drivers can spend on the roads. Unfortunately, it is well documented that many, many truck drivers exceed the maximum hour-of-service (HOS) restrictions. They often do so under pressure from their employers. Was the trucker who hit you violating the law or simply too tired to drive? We can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Truck Defects and Loading Issues. From faulty brakes and retreads to unsecured truck loads and falling debris, anything that goes wrong with a heavy truck has the potential to cause a very serious accident. We handle cases against truck manufacturers, repair shops, trucking companies, shipping companies, and all other parties that are responsible for putting dangerous and defective trucks on Massachusetts’s roads.
- Blind Spot and Failure-to-Yield Accidents. Truck blind spots, also called “no zones,” are some of the most frequent causes of truck accidents. Because of their massive size, truckers have limited views around their rigs but must be aware of other vehicles, cyclists, or pedestrians before making any maneuvers. In the same vein, trucks must also yield the right of way when making turns or entering roadways or risk causing a catastrophic accident.
Our Boston truck accident attorneys also seek maximum compensation on behalf of clients injured in:
- Broadside (T-Bone) Accidents
- Head-On Truck Accidents
- Jackknife Accidents
- Multi-Vehicle Pileups
- Overturned Truck Accidents
- Rear-End Truck Collisions
- Reversing Accidents
After a truck accident, it is important to start a thorough investigation as soon as possible. In some cases, our firm will immediately file suit to obtain preliminary restraining orders if it is clear that evidence might be altered or destroyed. In addition, evidence needs to be collected at the scene. Expert mechanical inspections may be required. You’ll need to get driver logs, shipping manifests, and other forms of documentation. There may be videos of the scene that would only be preserved for a few weeks. If you wait or hesitate, those necessary documents may be lost or destroyed before you realize you need them. Witnesses need to be identified, and you need to make sure you receive professional medical care linking your injuries to the accident.
Although the statute of limitations for injury claims in Massachusetts is three years, it is often essential to start a lawsuit immediately. We may ask the court to issue orders to preserve evidence and to allow expert inspection. When needed, we hire accident reconstruction experts, engineers, and other specialists to analyze the evidence. Prompt investigation and preservation of evidence are often the keys to a successful case.
What if it has already been days, weeks, or months since the collision? If this is the case, no problem. We can still help you. Our truck accident attorneys and staff members will work as diligently as possible to collect the evidence needed to help you recover the compensation to which you’re entitled. The best thing you can do is to call us as soon as possible so that we can advise you and fight the fight on your behalf.
Breakstone, White & Gluck has an office in Boston at 2 Center Plaza #530 in Government Center, within walking distance of the John Adams Courthouse and Suffolk County Superior Court. There’s a parking garage in the building. The MBTA Green Line and Blue Line are right across the street at the Government Center T station, and there’s a bus stop almost in front of our office. If you are unable to travel because of your injuries, we’re happy to arrange a phone or video conference, or a hospital visit.
Boston truck accident lawyers who get real results
If you are ready to discuss your truck accident claim, contact Breakstone, White & Gluck in Boston to schedule your free, no-obligation initial consultation. If you can’t come to us, we will gladly come to you. Look to us for the personalized representation you need to get your medical bills and expenses taken care of. Contact our office today – just call or use our contact form. We offer free consultations to clients throughout Massachusetts.