Boston Truck Accident Attorneys
Worry-free representation after a Massachusetts commercial truck accident
Truck accident cases are among the most challenging personal injury cases out there. They usually involve life-changing injuries. When victims and their families come to us, they often don’t know how to put the pieces back together. The trucking company refuses to admit fault. The insurance company turns a blind eye. Lives are turned upside-down. As the bills pile up, it becomes clear that no one is on the victim’s side.
That’s where the Boston truck accident lawyers at Breakstone, White & Gluck come in. We are your advocates after you or a loved one are hurt in a commercial truck accident. We retain recognized trucking and medical experts to support your claim. We aggressively investigate every aspect of the crash. We determine which parties are responsible, and we advocate for your cause. We are not afraid to file suit and litigate to verdict, particularly with hard- nosed insurance companies that deny credible claims. We welcome the challenges of a complex trucking accident case, which is why our clients review us so favorably. Our accident lawyers are among the most respected trucking and transportation lawyers in Massachusetts. Schedule a free consultation today and find out why.
Common questions from injury clients
- What types of truck accident claims does your firm handle?
- How can your Boston truck accident lawyers help with my claim?
- What are common injuries from Boston truck accidents?
- When should I file my Boston truck accident claim?
- Why choose your Boston truck accident attorneys?
- Do you have a truck accident injury attorney near me?
What types of truck accident claims does your firm handle?
Our Boston injury attorneys represent clients who have been injured or lost loved ones in all types of truck accidents. This includes accidents caused by:
- Distracted Driving. Distracted driving is on the rise. It has quickly become a leading cause of accidents involving 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks. Trucking companies that employ drivers who talk on the phone, text, play on social media, communicate with dispatch, and give in to other driving distractions are liable for their drivers’ negligence.
- Driving Errors. Merging unexpectedly. Tailgating. Braking too late. These and other driving errors can cause serious accidents, even when large trucks aren’t involved. When the driver of a tractor-trailer makes an error, the results can be devastating. If you or your loved one’s accident was the result of a truck driver’s mistake, we want to help you fight for maximum compensation.
- Driving Under the Influence. Drunk driving is a major concern on our roads. Because truck drivers operate large and heavy vehicles, they have an even greater responsibility not to drink and drive. In Massachusetts, the majority of drivers can be criminally charged for operating with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or greater. But truck drivers can lose their commercial driver's license for a year if they are caught operating at even .04 percent. The second time, drivers can lose their commercial driver's license (CDL) for life.
- Truck Crashes Injuring Cyclists and Pedestrians. Truck drivers do not always watch for cyclists. As a result, numerous cyclists have been hit and killed in Boston and Cambridge. Truck drivers have a responsibility to pay attention and check their mirrors, and trucking companies must keep their equipment up to date to ensure safety for bicyclists and pedestrians alike.
- Fatigued Driving and Falling Asleep Behind the Wheel. Federal regulations limit the number of hours that truck drivers can spend on the roads. Unfortunately, it is well documented that many, many truck drivers exceed the maximum hour-of-service (HOS) restrictions. They often do so under pressure from their employers. Was the trucker who hit you violating the law or simply too tired to drive? We can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Truck Defects and Loading Issues. From faulty brakes and retreads to unsecured truck loads, anything that goes wrong with a heavy truck has the potential to cause a very serious accident. We handle cases against truck manufacturers, repair shops, trucking companies, shipping companies, and all other parties that are responsible for putting dangerous and defective trucks on Massachusetts’s roads.
- Blind Spot and Failure-to-Yield Accidents. Truck blind spots, also called “no zones,” are some of the biggest causes of truck accidents. Because of their massive size, truckers have limited views around their rigs but must be aware of other vehicles, cyclists, or pedestrians before making any maneuvers. In the same vein, trucks must also yield the right of way when making turns or entering roadways, or risk causing a catastrophic accident.
Our Boston truck accident attorneys also seek maximum compensation on behalf of clients injured in:
- Broadside (T-Bone) Accidents
- Head-On Truck Accidents
- Jackknife Accidents
- Multi-Vehicle Pileups
- Overturned Truck Accidents
- Rear-End Truck Collisions
- Reversing Accidents
- All Other Commercial Truck Accidents in Massachusetts
How can your Boston truck accident lawyers help with my claim?
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a Massachusetts truck accident, we urge you to find a trial lawyer with real truck crash case experience. We are that firm. For over 30 years, our lawyers have successfully represented truck accident victims in all kinds of cases. Our results speak for themselves. We have several multi-million dollar truck crash recoveries, and our satisfied clients will tell you they have personally witnessed the high quality of our representation. They trust us unconditionally.
Our firm’s attorneys have handled many truck accident cases, including lawsuits against some of the largest trucking companies, distributors, and insurers in the nation. We handle cases throughout Massachusetts and neighboring states. Our trial-tested lawyers don’t back down when a difficult claim is denied. In fact, we welcome the opportunity to litigate to verdict to get our clients what they deserve – full and fair compensation for life-altering injuries.
We encourage you to give us a call. Your initial consultation is completely free, and you will not pay any legal fees or costs unless we help you win just compensation.
Our record of successful results
The following are just a few examples of the favorable settlements and verdicts we have obtained for truck accident victims and their families in Massachusetts:
- $3.5 Million for Family After Fatal Truck Accident. Our firm represented the family of a 56-year-old motorcycle rider who was killed in an accident involving a waste disposal truck. The truck driver had a “Z” restriction on his license, which meant that he was prohibited from operating any vehicle not equipped with an ignition interlock device (IID). The truck did not have an IID. Our clients accepted a $3.5 million settlement offer after the second day of mediation.
- $3 Million for Client Severely Injured in Tractor-Trailer Collision. Our firm represented a senior citizen who suffered severe orthopedic injuries in an accident involving a tractor trailer. The truck struck our client’s car after crossing over the center line. Our investigation revealed evidence of a possible mechanical lock-up, and after mediation our client received and accepted a settlement offer of $3 million.
- $2.5 Million for Couple After 18-Wheeler Accident. Our firm represented a 51-year-old executive and his wife in a case involving a rear-end collision involving an 18-wheeler. The husband suffered devastating injuries, including a spinal fracture, a fractured eye socket, and fractured fingers and ribs. In addition to his inability to work (which resulted in declining revenues for his company), the husband’s injuries also resulted in erectile dysfunction. Our clients accepted a $2.5 million settlement approximately one month after mediation.
- $600,000 for Driver Side-Swiped by 18-Wheeler. Our client’s car was side-swiped by an out of state trucker who fled the scene. Fortunately, the truck was pulled over less than a mile from the crash. Initially, our 25-year old client did not think he was hurt. Later that day he went to an emergency room where he was diagnosed with a back strain. He did not see another doctor for 6 months. Eventually, he returned to treatment after he was diagnosed with a herniated lumbar disc. A year later he underwent a spinal fusion. Due to our aggressive representation, we were able to prove that the back injury was due to the truck crash, and the case settled at mediation after a digital presentation of the evidence.
- $575,000 Recovered for Victim of Delivery Truck Accident. Our firm represented a 33-year-old male who suffered multiple fractures in a broadside accident involving a delivery truck from out of town. During our investigation, we spoke to several witnesses who all saw the truck driver run a red light just before the collision happened. Our client suffered permanent disabilities as a result of the accident, though he was eventually able to return to work. We successfully resolved the case for $575,000.
You take care of your recovery from the accident, we’ll take care of the recovery for your damages.
"I knew that Ron had my best interests at heart, and that I could trust him to help me make the right decision."
What are common injuries from Boston truck accidents?
We know that commercial truck accidents can be catastrophic. If you’re lucky enough to survive one, you may suffer from the after-effects of your injuries for the rest of your life. These can include:
- Traumatic amputations
- Internal organ damage
- Fractured, broken, or crushed bones
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Our attorneys can work with your physicians to determine the entire extent of your injury to ensure your claim receives proper and fair compensation.
When should I file my Boston truck accident claim?
After a truck accident, it is important to start a thorough investigation as soon as possible. Evidence needs to be collected at the scene. Expert mechanical inspections may be required. You’ll need to get driver logs, shipping manifests, and other forms of documentation. There may be videos of the scene that would only be preserved for a few weeks. If you wait or hesitate, those necessary documents may be lost or destroyed before you realize you need them. Witnesses need to be identified, and you need to make sure you receive professional medical care linking your injuries to the accident.
Although the statute of limitations for injury claims in Massachusetts is three years, it is often essential to start a lawsuit immediately. We may ask the court to issue orders to preserve evidence and to allow expert inspection. When needed, we hire accident reconstruction experts, engineers, and other specialists to analyze the evidence. Prompt investigation and preservation of evidence are often the keys to a successful case.
What if it has already been days, weeks, or months since the collision? If this is the case, no problem. We can still help you. Our truck accident attorneys and staff members will work as diligently as possible to collect the evidence needed to help you recover the compensation to which you’re entitled. The best thing you can do is to call us as soon as possible so that we can advise you and fight the fight on your behalf.
Why choose your Boston truck accident attorneys?
We understand that you may have reservations about hiring an attorney, and we know that the last thing you want is to end up in a court battle that takes your time and attention away from your physical and emotional recovery. We want you to know that this is normal. We understand your situation – we have been there thousands of times before – and our pledge is to keep you fully informed while interfering with your life as little as possible.
When you choose Breakstone, White & Gluck, you can expect:
- Uncompromising client service from a team that has your best interests in mind.
- Strategic and relentless representation from respected and award-winning trial lawyers.
- A commitment to success that means you do not pay anything unless we win your case.
Check out some kind words from our clients on our Testimonials page.
Do you have a truck accident injury attorney near me?
Breakstone, White & Gluck has an office in Boston at 2 Center Plaza #530 in Government Center, within walking distance of the John Adams Courthouse and Suffolk County Superior Court. There’s a parking garage in the building. The MBTA Green Line and Blue Line are right across the street at the Government Center T station, and there’s a bus stop almost in front of our office. If you are unable to travel because of your injuries, we’re happy to arrange a phone or video conference, or a hospital visit.
Boston truck accident lawyers who get real results
If you are ready to discuss your truck accident claim, contact Breakstone, White & Gluck, P.C. to schedule your free, no-obligation initial consultation. If you can’t come to us, we will gladly come to you. Look to us for the personalized representation you need to get your medical bills and expenses taken care of. Contact our Boston offices today – just call or use our contact form. We offer free consultations to clients throughout Massachusetts.