Breakstone, White & Gluck launched Project KidSafe in 2013 with a simple goal: to keep children and families safe. Our attorneys offer this page as a resource for families and invite you to visit often for safety tips. You can also follow our work on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Wearing a bike helmet is the most effective way for cyclists to prevent a head injury. It is also the law for children in Massachusetts and our goal is to put bike helmets on children who need one. We have represented hundreds of cyclists who have been injured by drivers. We have seen first-hand that helmets provide necessary protection and reduce the risk of head injuries.
Since 2013, our attorneys have donated 30,000 new bike helmets to children, partnering with over 50 bicycle committees, schools, and community organizations. Our partners include the Massachusetts Safe Routes to School Program, Boston Bikes, CYCLE Kids, and Bikes Not Bombs. We also proudly partner with a number of police departments, including:
- Boston Police Department
- Cambridge Police Department
- Quincy Police Department
- Brockton Police Department
- Braintree Police Department
- Randolph Police Department
- Dedham Police Department
- Norwood Police Department
- Everett Police Department
- Waltham Police Department
- Framingham Police Department
Over the past 10 years, Project KidSafe has donated more than 35,000 bike helmets for kids. Partner David W. White talks to Brockton Police about the Project KidSafe campaign and giving back in a meaningful way. Check it out!
Pedestrian Safety. Every child should be able to walk to and from school safely. The reality is many children and other pedestrians are at high risk, even when they use crosswalks. Over 28 years, our attorneys have represented hundreds of Massachusetts pedestrians who have been injured or killed by negligent driving. We write about safety precautions drivers should be taking and safety tips for children and pedestrians of all ages on our blog.
Unsafe Toys and Products. Look for our blogs on product recalls impacting children and our safety tips for parents. Over the past few years, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has recalled millions of toys, child car seats, strollers, inclined infant sleepers and furniture which have seriously injured and even killed children. Our goal is to help parents use age recommendation labels and recognize signs of unsafe products before bringing them into their home.
Holiday Toy Safety. Each year, we write about unsafe toys and home hazards during the holiday season. Read our holiday toy safety blog series.
Traumatic Brain Injuries and Concussions. Through our Project KidSafe campaign, Breakstone, White & Gluck encourages children and families to protect themselves against head injuries. Always wear a bicycle helmet; buy your children the appropriate helmet when they participate in sports and activities; learn about potential concussion symptoms; and ask about concussion safety protocols for student-athletes at Massachusetts high schools. Read more.
Swimming Pool Safety. Drowning is the leading cause of injury death among children ages 0-14 in Massachusetts. Through our Project KidSafe campaign, our attorneys work to prevent child drownings. We are committed to help educate families and pool owners about the "layers of protection."
MASSACHUSETTS INJURY LAWYER BLOG
- New Safety Campaign Encourages Drivers to Stop Deadly Trend of High-Speed Accidents Many of us have resumed our routines or transitioned to a new normal after the pandemic. Except in our cars.
- Tesla Has Highest Number of Crashes Involving Self-Driving Cars, Driver-Assist Systems, New Data Shows Days after expanding its Tesla safety investigation, the federal government has released 10 months of data showing nearly 400 crashes involving self-driving cars.
- U.S. Traffic Deaths Reached a 16-Year High in 2021, Early Estimates Show Traffic fatalities rose dramatically last year as we worked to emerge from COVID-19.
BIKE SAFETY OUTREACH NEWS
- Helping Children Remember Bicycle Helmets During Back to School For many children, back to school means back to the school bus. But more and more, many students are walking or biking to school.
- Breakstone, White & Gluck Donates 100 Children's Bicycle Helmets to the Everett Police Department As summer continues, more children are riding bikes and Breakstone, White & Gluck is pleased to be donating bicycle helmets.
- Breakstone, White & Gluck Partners With Massachusetts Police Departments on Children's Bike Safety Breakstone, White & Gluck is pleased to continue our partnerships for bike safety with local police departments in the Boston area.
TOY RECALLS AND SAFETY
- Don't Rush; Reminders to Help Massachusetts Families Buy Safe Holiday Toys in 2021. Many of us are feeling quite stressed about holiday shopping as we watch the news. Still, when you shop for a child, safety is essential.
- How to Avoid Buying a Recalled Toy or Product This Holiday Season. When a product is recalled, you may expect it will be removed from store shelves or online marketplaces. This is not always a safe assumption.
- Trouble in Toyland Report Shares Toy Safety Tips for Holiday Shoppers. Families often enjoy looking through toy catalogs together this time of year.