Choosing a Qualified Massachusetts Cerebral Palsy Attorney
Cerebral palsy refers to a group of disorders caused by brain damage which impairs movement, posture, and other functions. Most cases of cerebral palsy are caused by congenital or environmental factors. However, of the tens of thousands of new cases of cerebral palsy each year in the United States, thousands of these unfortunate brain injuries are caused by preventable medical errors. Breakstone, White & Gluck of Boston has over 85 years combined experience representing children who suffer from cerebral palsy and their families as a result of a medical errors.
There are a number of signs and symptoms which may indicate the presence of cerebral palsy including:
- Poor motor development
- Delayed crawling or walking
- Involuntary movements
- Lack of muscle control
- Diminished coordination and balance
- Delayed physical development
- Failure to diagnose risk factors or treat maternal infections
- Failure to timely recognize fetal distress during delivery
- Failure to diagnose deprivation of oxygen due to umbilical cord complications
- Failure to perform an emergency cesarean section in a timely manner
- Failure to diagnose and treat newborn seizures
- Failure to recognize and treat meningitis or jaundice
- The delivery required the use of forceps or vacuum extraction
- Your newborn required cerebral palsy after birth
- Your baby experienced seizures within days of the delivery
- Your child spent days or weeks in the neonatal intensive care unit
If your child experienced any of these complications you may be entitled to file a law suit to recover your medical malpractice damages. You may have the right to seek compensation for your enormous damages for pain and suffering, medical expenses and the cost of lifelong treatment and rehabilitation. The lifetime costs of raising a child with cerebral palsy can run into the millions.
Cerebral palsy cases are extremely complex and require the skills and knowledge of an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Our Massachusetts birth injury lawyers have the knowledge and experience to thoroughly investigate and compassionately handle your claim.
Please contact us today to speak with a qualified medical malpractice lawyer who can evaluate your case free of charge and help your family get the compensation you deserve for your losses and suffering. You can call us today, toll-free, at 1-800-379-1244. We look forward to helping you.