It's important to know who's providing your medical treatment and their safety record, but many Massachusetts health care consumers fail to ask the question.
The good news is the information is just a few keystrokes away. The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine offers Massachusetts consumers the Physician's Profile database right online.
All you have to do is type in the name of your physician or the physician you want to see and the database will answer:
- How long the physician has been licensed in Massachusetts
- Whether the physician has made a medical malpractice payment in the past 10 years
- Whether the physician has had any criminal convictions in the past 10 years
- Whether the physician has been subject to hospital or board discipline
- Patient mortality rates
- The number of medical malpractice lawsuits filed against the doctor
- The dollar amount of medical malpractice payouts
The best time to use the database is when you're looking for a new medical doctor, but it's always smart to be informed. Visit the database now.
The Boston law firm of Breakstone, White & Gluck handles medical malpractice and personal injury cases. We have experience handling complex medical cases, including surgical malpractice, failure to diagnose cancer, brain injuries and hospital medical errors.
To speak to an experienced Massachusetts medical malpractice lawyer, contact us today at (617) 723-7676.