Choose An Experienced Massachusetts Brain Injury Lawyer
Breakstone, White & Gluck, P.C. of Boston has extensive experience handling personal injury cases for brain injury survivors and their families.
If you or a loved one suspect a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or head injury, visit a doctor immediately. Prompt access to medical tests such as MRIs can make a critical difference in your long-term quality of life.
If you have already obtained medical treatment and know a traumatic brain injury exists, it is important to establish a medical plan and obtain a skilled personal injury lawyer.
Breakstone, White & Gluck can assist you. With over 100 years combined legal experience, our lawyers help traumatic brain injury survivors obtain the long-term care they need to move forward in recovery. Over the years, we have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
Traumatic Brain Injury Can Result from:
- Medical Malpractice
- Anesthesia During Surgery
- Slip and Falls
- Sport Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Physical Assault
- Product Malfunction
- Loss of consciousness
- Vision changes (blurred vision or seeing double, inability to tolerate light, blindness, loss of eye movement)
- Dizziness and balance problems
- Coma or semi comatose state
- Paralysis and difficulty moving body parts
- Slow pulse
- Slow breathing rate with increase in blood pressure
- Spinal fluid (looks like water) coming out of the ears or nose
- Ringing in ears
- Difficulty with thinking skills (memory problems, poor judgment, inability to pay attention)
- Loss of bowel control or bladder control
- Body numbness or tingling
- Go to a local emergency room for your injuries.
- Document any symptoms in a notebook. If you are caring for a loved one, watch out for the symptoms listed above.
- Obtain the necessary tests. First, listen to your doctor's recommendation for tests. Then specifically ask about MRI scans, CT scans, Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and a Single Photon Emission Computerized Tomography (SPECT).
What Damages are Available in Brain Injury Cases?
Depending on the severity of a brain injury, the liable party may be responsible for compensating medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages - past and future. Estimating ongoing medical expenses requires a thorough review by health care experts and the brain injury attorney.
There may be several liable parties and vary depending on the details of each injury. The list of possible liable parties includes employers, drunk drivers, individuals involved in criminal acts, medical professionals, property owners and many more.
Here are a few brain injury cases handled by Breakstone, White & Gluck.
Medical Malpractice - Anesthesia Complications, Severe Infant Brain Injury - $7,500,000 Details
Anesthesia Malpractice - Brain injury and wrongful death- $2,040,000 Details
Car Accident - Head on collision, traumatic brain injury - $477,989 Details
Ski Accident - Resulting in traumatic brain injury - $800,000 Details
When to Contact a Brain Injury Lawyer
Contact a lawyer as soon as you suspect a brain injury. Breakstone, White & Gluck, a Boston personal injury law firm, has extensive experience handling complex head injury and brain injury cases. Contact us today at 800-379-1244 or 617-723-7676 or use our contact form.
- Three Bike Helmet Donation Events from Our Project KidSafe Campaign Wearing a bicycle helmet is the most effective way to prevent a serious head injury on a bicycle. It is most important for young children who are ....
- Breakstone, White & Gluck Participates in Bike Friday Today was Bike Friday, sponsored by Boston Bikes, the city office which promotes safe cycling. Bike Friday is one of the last events of Bay State Bike ....
- Bay State Bike Week is Here: Breakstone, White & Gluck to Donate Children's Bicycle Helmets in Somerville For cyclists, this is one of the best weeks of the year: Bay State Bike Week. It started Saturday and runs through next Sunday, May 17th. May is ....